Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to create column to populate latest quarter-end.

anonymous008_G
8 - Asteroid

Hi All --- I want to create a new column using formula tool which populate latest quarter-end date (31-Dec, 31-Mar, 30-Jun & 30-Sep) using system date. Suppose if I am running the workflow in the month of Nov or Dec then still workflow should populate quarter-end date as 09/30/2023. Only after completion of December month, data should populate as 12/31/2023.

Can someone please help me on this. 

Thank You!

2 REPLIES 2
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

Are you always looking to find the most current Quarter end? This formula should give you the last date of the quarter you are currently in.

edit: Updated else to null().

if DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m') in ('10','11','12') then
datetimetrim(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),12-tonumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m')),'months'),'lastofmonth') elseif
DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m') in ('07','08','09') then
datetimetrim(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),9-tonumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m')),'months'),'lastofmonth')
elseif
DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m') in ('04','05','06') then
datetimetrim(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),6-tonumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m')),'months'),'lastofmonth')
elseif
DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m') in ('01','02','03') then
datetimetrim(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),3-tonumber(DateTimeFormat(DateTimeToday(),'%m')),'months'),'lastofmonth')
else null()
endif

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@anonymous008_G One way of doing this

image.png

Labels