Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to compare two tables, find the new accounts and their associated accounts

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Hi All, 

With the help of this great community, we have built the attached workflow where I'm able to find the new accounts added in year 2020. However, now that we accomplished that, I also need to bring in the amounts for those new accounts. 

Sample data and OLD workflow attached. 

I'm very grateful to this community,hope someone can help. 

7 REPLIES 7
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Taxguy03,

what do you mean with "amounts"? Do you mean the ABC, ACC, AGC values? You can bring them back by ticking their boxes in the Select and Join Tool.

grossal_1-1586543539507.png

The output would than look like this:

grossal_0-1586543520453.png

Workflow attached. Let me know if you were looking for this!

Best

Alex

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Yes, the screen shot, and the attached excel Alteryx output what I was looking for. Perfect solution. 

Yes, I wanted the value/amounts to show up and they do now. I see the new custom filter and the boxes are checks for the 3 entities. 

Thanks, again. 

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Hi Alex, 

I have a quick follow-up question on the Alteryx excel output file format (result is fine).  The normal excel functionalities (sum, comma separator for thousands, ) don't work as it appears to look like text format instead of number. 

Is there a way to get the excel output file to read like numbers as numbers instead of text (i.e. like a normal excel file)? 

Thanks again. 

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Taxguy03,

Check out the first Select-Tool (visible in my first screenshot) and set your number columns to "double" (floating numbers) or "int32" (whole numbers). This should solve it. 

Best

Alex

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Thank you, Alex. In my original data set, I have about 150 fields that needed to be changed to ""double" or "int32" (I will go with double). 

Do I have to change  all 150 fields manually or is there a way to apply the same field type "double" all at once for the 150 I need to change to double ? 

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You could use the Multi-Field Formula to do this. Setting should look like this:

grossal_0-1586797170729.png

Select all columns you want, tick "Change Output Type to" (remove tick from copy Output Fields and Add) and than wrap CurrentField in "ToNumber".

Best

Alex

Taxguy03
9 - Comet

Thank you, I will give it  try. Thanks for the rescue again. 

Labels