Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add a new empty column without label?

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

I would like to add a few empty columns with no labels or date to be used as a data separation block at existing workflow. I used formula tool to add a column with "" value but system is required to create a column name 

3 REPLIES 3
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mlozovskaya,

as far as I know, you won't be able to have empty columns names and there is no trickery around. I tried to cross tab empty rows, but it renames the column name to '_Empty_'. I personally would just indicate "placeholder" columns with __ in front and in the end and that's it.

__placeholder__

Best

Alex

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mlozovskaya,

This could be done by adding a column with a formula tool for example "Placeholder1" and using a dynamic rename against a lookup table to rename each Placeholder column to each hold a unique number of whitespace.

image.png

The reference table holds two columns, firstly the old column name and secondly the new column name. The new column name value is simply " " (one whitespace). If you want to rename a second column, for example Placeholder2 you'd want to use two whitespace as the new column header "  ".

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

mlozovskaya
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your help @Jonathan-Sherman

Labels