Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

How to Download a zipped file from a website using the Download Tool

grodriguez
Météore

I am trying to download the zipped file at the below link but am having trouble with the regular expression in the RegEx tool. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

I found a discussion with a similar issue but the link that they were using does not work so I cannot use it as an example to see how they pulled the expression. Attached is the workflow I have so far. 

https://www.cms.gov/research-statistics-data-and-systems/statistics-trends-and-reports/mcradvpartden...

14 RÉPONSES 14
Felipe_Ribeir0
Nébuleuse

Hi @grodriguez 

The actual URL of the file just varies with month-year, so you can build your URL using formulas like this one and download it:

URL.png

grodriguez
Météore

I'm slightly new at this and may be missing something but what you implemented above did not download the files from the site it just created a table with the URL, OUTPUTPATH, and DownloadHeaders fields. 

grodriguez
Météore

@Felipe_Ribeir0 I'm slightly new at this and may be missing something but what you implemented above did not download the files from the site it just created a table with the URL, OUTPUTPATH, and DownloadHeaders fields. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
Nébuleuse

Hi @grodriguez 

The downloaded file will be placed on the OUTPUTPATH. Just configure the output path to a valid path in your machine, run the workflow and the zip file will be placed there.

grodriguez
Météore

@Felipe_Ribeir0 how do I configure the output path? I've tried with both a formula and an output tool and its not working. Here is an example output location \\san02\alteryx\uat\gabriella\ 

Felipe_Ribeir0
Nébuleuse

@grodriguez 

Inside of the input text tool:

outputpath.png

grodriguez
Météore

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

That worked! Thank you!

However, I would need to run this job yearly with our scheduler, where the file name will change. I don't believe this workflow will work since the OUTPUTPATH contains the exact name of the current file. Is there a way to configure that so it pulls the new file name each time it runs? 

Felipe_Ribeir0
Nébuleuse

@grodriguez 

You can build the filepath using the formula, check the attached workflow:

outputpath.png

grodriguez
Météore

@Felipe_Ribeir0 

Oh ok that makes sense! You are the best!

Is it possible to unzip the file with Alteryx or will I need to install an unzipping tool? 

Étiquettes