Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help with Nulls and Joins

ydklyfe
6 - Meteoroid

First, once I join the using customer filer, the record doesn't fully transfer, there appears to be some record lost. Second, I'm trying to run a logic code to fill the nulls. I have attached a sample data and my alteryx designer. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 10.27.32 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Muhai
7 - Meteor

Hi Ydklyfe

Could you please share the files you are joining?

Maybe the missing records are after the join because there are records that not matched. So you may put UNION tool to get those records in Left or Right of your JOIN tool.

For solving the NULL, we have multiple way to solve this.

First, using formula tool if only specific field then you may use the below formula.

IF ISNULL(FieldName) THEN "No Value" ELSE FieldName ENDIF

Second, using multirow formula tool that allows you to update multiple fields. You may put the below formula to fill the null. Note the formula is for string field, if numeric you may put 0 "Zero".

IF ISNULL([_Current Field_]) THEN "No Value" ELSE [_Current Field_] ENDIF

Muhai_0-1654872537591.png

Hopes this work.

ydklyfe
6 - Meteoroid

I'm joining the separation of each country( from rows to individual column) from the original country column

CathyS_Slalom
9 - Comet

Hi @ydklyfe, to convert row to column, instead of filter and then join multiple, I would recommend to use the Cross Tab tool

CathyS_Slalom_1-1654891772161.png

If using the join multiple, please make sure the highlighted box is unselected. 

CathyS_Slalom_0-1654891360811.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@ydklyfe can you provide expected result based on your input file?

Labels