Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Finding a specific word in a field then taking a remove record action or ...?

fdiazlemus
6 - Meteoroid

Hello all, 

I need help with this action and how to create a workflow for it.  I am guessing it would only require a few tools and should not be a large workflow but I'm not sure.  So I have provided the sample UAL attached to this post in the format/structure that we receive it.  In the file, you will see that there are users that are listed in two groups, Active and Inactive. What I am trying to achieve is one of two things, if not both.  1.) I would like for the users that appear after the 'Inactive Users' section to be removed, effectively leaving me with only the 'Active Users' to further work downstream.  Or 2.) Ideally I would like for each of the records under each section to be tagged with their Status of Active or Inactive.  What I mean is, for the users that are noted under the 'Active Users' to have a field appended to each of these records with 'Active' and for the users noted under 'Inactive Users' to have a field appended to each record with 'Inactive'.  Basically, I would like to create a 'Status' field which tells me whether this user is Active or Inactive.  Any help is appreciated in this endeavor. 

Thank you in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5
Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

Hi @fdiazlemus - see attached. I completed step 2 first by assigning a status of active or inactive to each record. From here, you can apply any additional filters as required, i.e., filter on just active

fdiazlemus
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks a lot @Brendand_Spillane this was very helpful! Thank you!

fdiazlemus
6 - Meteoroid

How did you tag me in your post? I tried to tag you in mine just now but it doesn't hyperlink like your did?  Sorry I'm new to the community.

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

No problem! Just type @ and you should see my username appear in a pop up window, then click on the username

fdiazlemus
6 - Meteoroid

@Bren_Spill I'm such a noob lol Thank you!

Labels