Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help needed with Multi Row Formula

Gandalf_NotGrey
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I am using the Multi Row formula to find out time periods between different steps of a task. I have attached the workflow on which I am working.

A subset of data is attached in the image. Entire data is in the workflow.

In the image you can see, there are multiple instances of each task with time stamps.

I used a Multi Row Formula to create the third column "New Field". The first instance of the task is marked as Task Begins and the Last Instance is marked as Task Ends. I am struggling with the instances in between these two.

How can I create a loop which will mark each subsequent step as Step 2, Step 3, Step 4 and so on??

After this I need create another field where I will have the time difference between Step 2 and the first step, Step 3 and first step, Step 4 and first step, last Step and First step...

Is this also possible through Multi Row formula?

Thank You for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Liam_Bremner
7 - Meteor

Could you do something using the sort then the normal formula tool?
1. Sort by task and time ascending.

2. Add a running count of ID that resets on change of task ID
3. if running count =1 then Step 1 else if running count =2 then step 2, etc

Cheers

Elbee

binuacs
20 - Arcturus
binuacs
20 - Arcturus
Gandalf_NotGrey
8 - Asteroid

Thank You so much @binuacs - Much Appreciate the help.

Labels