Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help needed in filtering the data and writing a output as excel file and repeat the same

GopalR
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx, I am trying to filter data dynamically and write output in excel and repeat the same process for all the records in Filter table. I have uploaded the workflow and macro. It would be great if someone can help in identify what is wrong with the attached workflow. Error1.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @GopalR ,

You almost had it. On your macro change the action tools as following:

On your filter:

Untitled.png

On the output:

Untitled2.png

Cheers

GopalR
5 - Atom

Thanks for your support!

I have tried it as you advised , If I run the macro alone, I get the single Input in Excel file, But when I try with the workflow again I am getting the Parse tool error without any output.

Regards,Error2.JPG

Gopal

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @GopalR ,

Are you sure you have done the modifications as I showed them? It is working for me fine.

Untitled.png

Check first that the checkboxes are as in my images (unchecked)

UPDATE: Noticed that on my screnshot it is not seen, but the 'Update a specific string' box in my action tool on the filter tool is unchecked. Sorry for not showing it.

cheers

GopalR
5 - Atom

It's working fine.. Thank you so much for your support... Appreciate your time! :)

Labels