Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Help getting Sharepoint Node input to read CSV file

Joel_Mills
6 - Meteoroid

The issue is that when using a sharepoint Input node, and pointing it to a CSV file, the node is failing to read in the data from the CSV and is returning no data. 

If I use an .xlxs file and import the same data, the flow runs just fine both locally and when using sharepoint nodes to connect to the data. 

The flow basically needs to pen up a CSV file and join it with some new data each day, then overwrite the same CSV file with the new data appended to it. this will then run on the server on a daily basis. 

So far, in testing, it has all worked fine with Excel Workbooks .xlxs files but when we move it to a CSV input and output, it fails on the CSV input right at the beginning. 

For reference, the CSV file was created by Alteryx after we tried it with .xlxs as the input and .csv as the output. So Alteryx should have no trouble reading the CSV as it created it.

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Joel_Mills ,

Can you provide file examples so we can check formats etc?

M.

Bulien

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Joel_Mills  - As @mceleavey said, samples or even screenshots would be helpful.  My first thought was How are you setting up the "Config File" portion of the SP Input Configuration?  Are you set to the correct delimiter, etc.?  I remember when I first started using the SP Input Tool I didnt notice that tab for a while and got super frustrated by it.  In my version 2022.1, it doesn't really stick out like a tab so it is easy to overlook.  (At least that is what I keep telling myself). 😁

Joel_Mills
6 - Meteoroid

Attached CSV with redacted names and email addresses

Joel_Mills
6 - Meteoroid

And a couple of screenshots of the offending Sharepoint Node in the flow

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Joel_Mills -- I dragged the CSV into a workflow to see what happened and I see there is an issue with a missing quote.  Perhaps the SP tool can not account for those types of issues like a normal input tool can identify.  I don't think I have ever used CSVs from SharePoint to know the answer to that.  I will keep poking around, but hopefully @mceleavey knows.  😀

DanielG_0-1686149464786.png

Labels