Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Needed: "An array can't be at the top level" Error in Build JSON Tool

DFstr
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an issue with a Build JSON tool that I hope you can help me with. I'm trying to clean and transform a JSON file, and then output it again as a JSON file. However, after using a JSON parsing tool, I'm getting an error message stating "An array can't be at the top level".

Here's a brief overview of what I'm doing:

1. Input: I start with a JSON file (I'm attaching a sample for reference).
  2. Process: I use a JSON parsing tool to process this file.
  3. Error: After parsing, when I attempt to rebuild the JSON, I encounter the error.

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. The error seems to suggest that the tool does not accept a JSON array at the top level of the file. However, I'm unclear on how to modify the file or adjust the tool's settings to bypass this problem.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or suggestions on how to handle this. I'm also attaching my workflow and a sample input file for your reference.

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
TimN
13 - Pulsar

I tried removing "0." from the JSON Field Name and it seems to work.

DFstr
7 - Meteor

indeed - thanks!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels