Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How run the workflow with invalid email receipeints

Saravanan13
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

I am looking to send weekly report to set of email recipient's, Whenever an employee leaves the firm the email id becomes invalid in outlook due to which the  workflow stops in between. Is there a way to exclude the recipients who left the firm and send the report to remaining recipients or can we make workflow run even when we encounter a invalid email ID.

2 REPLIES 2
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Based on what you are describing, it sounds not possible. There should be a way to remove those inactive emails hopefully before the email tool goes out to send emails. I would hope your database has an active / inactive flag to use for this

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@Saravanan13: I would recommend adding a current active roster as an input in your data set. From here, you can join your main data set with this input, and functionally drop all records where individuals left the firm. They will likely fall out of the R anchor of the Join tool when you combine these two data sets. What will be left over are those who are still with the firm (J anchor of your Join tool) and those who are with the firm but are not in the active roster for whatever reason (L anchor of your Join tool).

Labels