Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Google Drive Input - Conversion failed

magengunter
5 - Atom

I'm using a Google Sheet that has a field for employee ID number. In the sheet, the column is formatted as plain text as the ID number has 4-5 leading zeros. 

When I try to bring the sheet into the flow, I get this error and Alteryx doesn't load in any data from the sheet: Error: Google Drive Input (185): ("Expected bytes, got a 'int' object", 'Conversion failed for column Employee ID with type object')

image.png

7 REPLIES 7
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

apparently this is a pyarrow thing which shows up with streamlit, bigquery and some other pyarrow integrations...

https://github.com/googleapis/python-bigquery-pandas/issues/616.

I'm curious if that's the offending column - can you try to bring that one in indivudally? And also - open an alteryx bug ticket - this would require a type mapping/code change in the tool's underlying python.

LeahVandiver
5 - Atom

I'm having this same issue with the SharePoint input tool. I'm using v2.5.0.

Error text: ("Expected bytes, got a 'int' object", 'Conversion failed for column ABC with type object')

Any updates on this?

Hi @magengunter,

I have the same issue with googledrive input tool today. Did you find a solution?

magengunter
5 - Atom

The only fix for me was to delete the current Google Drive Tool from the Tools folder on my computer and go back to an older version of the Google Drive tool. 

This is the version I'm now using without errors:

Screenshot 2024-06-12 094519.png

magengunter
5 - Atom

No updates, I just ended up going back to an older version of the Google Drive tool and no longer got the error. I'm not sure if that's an option for you with the Sharepoint tool...

Carolyn
9 - Comet

Also having the error but I can't go back to the 1.2.1 version b/c I need functionality that's in the 1.3.1 version. I'm going to submit a ticket

What I found is that if you remove the field names are in columns check box it works and then use dynamic replace

Labels