Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fuzzy match workflow help

datausernyc0419
7 - Meteor

Hello, hope you are doing well & thanks in advance.

I believe people likely already have workflows on Fuzzy Match, so I was hoping someone could share one that does the following:

I have 2 separate files both with a list of company names. I essentially want a workflow that can compare File 2 against the list in File 1 and then output the names from File 2 next to the File 1 that match with accuracy above 80%. 

The output file would be:

• Column A - full list of File 1 company names
  • Column B - respective FuzzyMatch company from File 2 (with accuracy above 80%) -- blank for ones that did not receive a match
  • Column C - match score

Thanks in advance -- I tried playing around but was having difficulty producing the above 

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Do you already have a workflow and you're stuck on a specific problem?

Or do you not know where to start?  Try searching for Fuzzy on the video training index: Videos - Alteryx Community

Chris

datausernyc0419
7 - Meteor

I tried using Fuzzy Match tool, but when I link stuff, the output just does not make sense. Sometimes not all the rows are shown vs. others, etc.

I wanted to ask if anyone has any workflows that do this that I could leverage and adjust as needed

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Here is sample workflow that does what you were mentioning:

Screenshot.png

datausernyc0419
7 - Meteor

Thanks for this -- any ways to simplify the workflow / adjust it for larger datasets?

For reference, DataSet 1 is 3K companies but it is looking at a list of ~2M companies to match off of, and my Alteryx workflow is running forever / sometimes Alteryx just quits. Any advice?

datausernyc0419
7 - Meteor

Bump on this thread if anyone has any advice 

Labels