Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fuzzy Matching - Two data sources by address to bring back match record?

KFarmer
6 - Meteoroid

Hello -

I have a customer list and hospital roster list and I'd like to do a fuzzy match based on address (excluding name because naming conventions get wonky). Is it possible to do a fuzzy match based off address and then bring back the "Definitive ID" associated with each customer. Not likely a match for all accounts... I tried pulling something together but I'm not achieving what I'm looking to do. Any help would be appreciated!

Expected results would be the Customer list with the Definitive ID match.

KFarmer_0-1666808854459.png

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @KFarmer 

How does this look? I've created a source column and unioned the two datasets together before fuzzy matching on 90% (see screenshot below with the setup), then join the matches to the Hospital Roster to obtain the Definitive ID, then join back to the Customer List.

DavidSkaife_1-1666813999044.png

It's a bit rough but hopefully gives you something to work with. Ideally you start with a really high % such as 96-98% and run through multiple fuzzy matches reducing the % as you go but i set it at 90% as that brought through your example above correctly.

Note there are duplicate matches appearing, which increase with each join, so look out for that.

Does that help?

DavidSkaife_0-1666813955469.png

KFarmer
6 - Meteoroid

Ah, that makes sense! Thanks so much!

Labels