Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formula

hi2019
8 - Asteroid

Best way to show using a formula or how to identify firs the hyphen ----- and remove hyphen:

1. if Zip Code is not 5 or 9 digits (excluding hyphen symbol), please scrub/delete number when populating on Output file 

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@hi2019 Can you provide an input and expected output for better understanding

OTrieger
11 - Bolide

@hi2019 
There are so many different ways how to do it. I guess the best way is the one that matching your knowledge level, so you yourself can create it. When is done, then you can try different ways that maybe more advanced. 

That is the best way to learn, use the level of knowledge that you have to solve it then enhance your knowledge with training, weekly challenges. So there is no one best way. There is the best way for your level of knowledge, weather is will be simple formula, regex phrases, it does not matter.

TUSHAR050392
10 - Fireball

Hey @hi2019 I agree with @OTrieger. Since you are looking to check length and replace string, I will provide a hint to use LEN and RegexReplace functions in formula tool to achieve this. Let us know how it goes.

Hope this helps and happy solving.

Labels