Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula: tried to apply numeric operator to string value

Raghadhq
7 - Meteor

i'm trying to apply a formula and with multi row formula and it shows this message ( Error: Multi-Row Formula (38): Parse Error at char(279): Formula: tried to apply numeric operator to string value )

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Raghadhq what is your input, formula, and expected output?

Raghadhq
7 - Meteor

below is my input and the desire outcome is numbers the input contains ( v-string and date time ) 

1.PNG

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Raghadhq it is still hard for me to guess because I cannot see your actual input data, but my thought is that you should look at your operators like minus and divide, and make sure the columns that they are affecting our numeric. For example, is MTOW numeric? Is the column that you are outputting all of this to numeric?

I forget offhand, but you might also have to look at using datetimediff instead of minus in order to get differences between time. 

Raghadhq
7 - Meteor

perfect thanks i used the datetimediff and it worked!😁

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Fantastic news!

Labels