Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to identify blanks value

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

Hello All,

Requesting you to please assist me in designing the flow to identify the blank value. Please see the details in the attached file.

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Learner09 similar use case discussed in the below post, you can filter the NULL values instead of 0 in the filter tool

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/FILTERING-FOR-ZERO-VALUES/m-p/1101010#...

Learner09
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs thank you for providing the test case. It correctly works for the blank value cases. however, I am also looking for those cases where any AMT column has value but one column or another column has 0 value. As per data standards, all the AMT columns should have value. so the test case you shared fulfilled the requirement where the column has blank, but I need to check for Zero as well. Please assist.

Thanks,

Mayank

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Learner09 If you want to exclude both NULL and 0 value records then add one more condition in the filter like below

Custom filter 

IsNull([Value])

OR

[Value] = 0

also in the output you want to combine all the records then use the union tool and connect the J- anchor and L- anchor records from the join tool, right now I’m away from my system that’s why I’m not creating a sample workflow for your use case.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Learner09 I have included the Null as well as 0's in the input file 

binuacs_0-1679609051872.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels