Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Formula missing a value field to make calculation

Rmartin8
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am having an issue with formula that adds all of the value for each column from previous days. A column is not created  since data was not generated for a previous day.  For example, I have a calculation that totals the time of all the fields such as Lunch time, Training time, Documentation time, Gym time, and Sleeping time. The issue is that some days we don't generate a time for a particular field which wont allow my calculation to run. How to ensure my total time calculation runs if one of these filed didn't generate time for the pervious day.

FORMULA  Tool:

Lunch Time + Documentation Time + Gym Time + Sleeping Time = Total Time 

Note* Sleeping Time will become grayed out

(Sleeping time didn't generate data for the previous day . How to ensure it runs even if sleeping time didn't generate or any of the the categories not creating field)

DateLunch TimeDocumentation TimeGym Time
2022-04-210.0098260.0441441.994491

Sleeping Time didn't generate a column since there's was no Sleeping generated for  2022-04-21 which will not allow my formula with all the categories to run.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

For this you could try unioning your dataset with a complete set of columns but with no records. See an example attached.

PhilipMannering_0-1650649487454.png

Labels