Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formatting Responses from OpenAI

pmaier1971
Alteryx
Alteryx

Good morning,

I have a simple workflow retrieving information from ChatGPT (using the OpenAI plugin), and would love to use the information downstream. Where I'm running into issues, though, is that I can't seem to figure out how to keep basic formatting when passing the output through e.g. the Report Text tool.

Here's an example: As you can see in the first screenshot I'm running a simple workflow, and the output from the Browse tool at the top shows a list with line breaks. The second screenshot shows the output after it is passed through the Report Text tool, and all line breaks are gone.

Output from OpenAI toolOutput from OpenAI toolOutput after feeding through Report Text toolOutput after feeding through Report Text tool

Any helpful suggestion is appreciated,

Philipp

PS Attached a simple workflow as a example.

1 REPLY 1
AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Here is a helpful resource that I found with relevant sections that seem to accomplish what you're looking for. It's a little unsatisfying, but it works regardless (except with browse tool since reporting elements break if you mess with them at all).

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Working-with-wanted-line-break...

I've included a modified workflow as a sample (Notice that the Render Tool Configuration indicates that Text is a "Bad Field Type", but it works totally fine)

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

Labels