Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Following a connection, aka untangling the pasta

AKB
8 - Asteroid

Good morning - I inherited a large workflow from a colleague and would like to 'untangle' it, similar to a cleaning up a bunch of cables all spaghetti'ed together. Is there a way to follow a connection? Is there a way to hide all the upstream tools from this connection? This would make following the workflow much simpler.

Thx,

AKB

13 REPLIES 13
Sebenius
8 - Asteroid

Might have cut the picture a bit much.

But for example I currently have the macro input selected, from the menu in the far left the third option the circle with an arrow in.

Sebenius_1-1574688770185.png

From there I can then dubble click the tool I want to look at

Sebenius_0-1574688710252.png

and then I would end up at the next tool in the list in this case the formula tool:

Sebenius_2-1574689023297.png

AKB
8 - Asteroid
Hello - yes, this is the core functionality I was looking for, namely to follow connections. It even expands a closed container if the tool that is gone to resides in a currently closed container. Thank you -

AKB

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee and contains confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Furthermore, please do not copy the message or disclose the contents to anyone unless agreed otherwise. To the extent permitted by law we shall in no way be liable for any damages, whatever their nature, arising out of transmission failures, viruses, external influence, delays and the like.
Dazzerman
11 - Bolide

Nice!

Good to know!

Always something new and useful to learn about this great product!

AKB
8 - Asteroid
Yes, lots of paths to usefully follow here - just need to get to know them!

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee and contains confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Furthermore, please do not copy the message or disclose the contents to anyone unless agreed otherwise. To the extent permitted by law we shall in no way be liable for any damages, whatever their nature, arising out of transmission failures, viruses, external influence, delays and the like.
Labels