Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Fix Missing Field in Summarize Tool

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi Guys,

Just like to ask if there is a way we could ignore the missing fields in summarize tool. I have a data that change every time I run. My field consist of number of days whose field name like 0, 1 , 2, 3 and so on. Sometimes the data would include field name  2, 3, 5 and 10  while sometimes 10, 11, 12, 15. So the filed name changes. This changes catches error in summarize tool and would like have it ignored every time there are changes in the field name. I hope you could help me find a way.

Thanks,

Marl

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@KamenRider can you provide some sample data

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @binuacs, please see below my screenshots I made using excel file. This is my workflow with error under summary tool.

marlontalisvistar_1-1644336648520.png

This is my sample output

marlontalisvistar_0-1644336619055.png

Below is the configuration from my summary tool that has error. As request, is it possible to bypass or ignore the error since the field name (numbers) changes everyday.

marlontalisvistar_2-1644336757061.png

Hoping for your response and assistance. Thank you so much

Mar

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi Guys,

Anyone for your assistance please.

Thanks

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

There are ways to make a dynamic summarize tool (they involve complicated batch macros and dynamic select) but honestly - you can probably do whatever you want by using a transpose tool. You want your potential summarize columns in the name field and your potential values in value and then you group and sum.

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Thanks for the response @apathetichell  however can you show how I am going to do it like by giving an example please.

Looking forward.

Thanks,

Mar 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

are we talking about the summarize tool way? you want to transpose the dynamic field- maybe this weekly challenge?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-64-Catch-Me-If-You-Can/td-p/52805/highli...

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @apathetichell,

Can you please simplify it without using macro. I am not good in understanding macros.

Looking forward for you understanding and continued assistance.

Mar

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @KamenRider, see an example here:

gabrielvilella_0-1644427170632.png

Labels