Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find rows with the first string that matched

ramii
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have two tables. One has application key. Other has server names. The application key may have more than one server name in the string. I want to filter the rows that first matched. 

SO if my server names are A and B. My application key is "Let us do this from B on A". Then i want to get output of this application key with Server name B because it appeared first in the string. I have been able to make a workflow which outputs both the matches. I want to refine it further to suit my requirement. 

Please find attached the workflow and desired output(image). Desired rows are highlighted.

Thanks,

Raman.

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ramii I would use a findstring function to identify where in the string each item is found, then you can use a sort/unique combo to get rid of the duplicates. I didn't change it, but you may consider changing your join to match on RecordID2 so that you aren't getting duplicate records (which I see that you then eliminated with a sort/unique). 

Thanks for including a sample file, it made it much easier to answer your question!

ramii
7 - Meteor

thanks a lot buddy...it worked!

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels