Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find rows with the first string that matched

ramii
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have two tables. One has application key. Other has server names. The application key may have more than one server name in the string. I want to filter the rows that first matched. 

SO if my server names are A and B. My application key is "Let us do this from B on A". Then i want to get output of this application key with Server name B because it appeared first in the string. I have been able to make a workflow which outputs both the matches. I want to refine it further to suit my requirement. 

Please find attached the workflow and desired output(image). Desired rows are highlighted.

Thanks,

Raman.

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ramii I would use a findstring function to identify where in the string each item is found, then you can use a sort/unique combo to get rid of the duplicates. I didn't change it, but you may consider changing your join to match on RecordID2 so that you aren't getting duplicate records (which I see that you then eliminated with a sort/unique). 

Thanks for including a sample file, it made it much easier to answer your question!

ramii
7 - Meteor

thanks a lot buddy...it worked!

Labels