Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Find Replace Not Working

jyeung753
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I am having trouble getting the find replace tool to work. The objective in my workflow is to change the Fair Value levels in my main dataset based of the specific asset types. I looked at previous threads regarding issues with this tool - such as changing the data type to string using the select tool, however this has not solved my problem. 

Any suggestions are helpful, please see attached a sample workflow. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Dina
9 - Comet

Do you mind share your sample data?

jyeung753
7 - Meteor

Apologies - yes here is the sample data. Thank you 

Dina
9 - Comet

I think for your purpose, it should be "Append Fields" rather than "Replace Found Text with Value"

Dina_0-1683561094164.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@jyeung753 Your find and replace texts are not matching, that's why you are not getting any result

binuacs_0-1683561524576.png

jyeung753
7 - Meteor

Yup that works, it seemed to run correctly as well once I fixed the configuration to also had InvestmentTypeCode in the Find Value window, rather than Fair Value. Thank you for the help!

Labels