Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Filter out values which don't match a specific format/empty/blank across multiple columns

rd6414
5 - Atom

Hi I have some dates across multiple columns and i need to filter out those that don't match dd/mm/yyyy and also filter out empty values.

I also have some values across multiple columns that should show numbers but the data is dirty and also showing weird characters, words and letters which also need to be filtered out, as well as show empty values.

Because the both above are across multiple columns (all string columns), whats the most efficient way to filter out? Would be helpful to be provided some guidance on this or a workflow i can add into mine.

2 REPLIES 2
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@rd6414 Would you be able to provide some sample data?

tristank
11 - Bolide

As @binuacs has noted some sample data is very helpful anytime you are trying to use the forums to solve an issue. That said, if you want to apply some type of logic (filtering out empty rows) across multiple columns the best place to start is using the multi-field formula tool

The tool can be used to apply some boolean logic to a bunch of fields at once and from there you can filter out multiple columns at once using the filter tool.

Hope this helps and have a good weekend!

Labels