Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Filter formula to include the prior Year/Month from the current date

cgoad61
Meteoro

Hello All,  I've seen a few other similar topics on here but haven't found one that worked for me but I'm hoping it might be fairly simple...

I have a field in my data that reflects YYYY-MM based on a formula of a more complicated date field.  I'd like to filter on this field to include only the prior month from the current date.  So if the current date is today (05/02/2024) the filter would bring in everything where that field reflects 2024-04.

4 RESPOSTAS 4
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@cgoad61 
We can use the combination of DateTImeToday(), DateTimeAdd and DateTimeformat to arrive the "Previous" Month as below.

0503-cgoad61.png

usmanbashir
Bólide

@cgoad61 - please see attached workflow. Hope this helps!

This is slightly different approach than @Qiu. I used this within Filter tool:

[DateField] = Left(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeFirstOfMonth(), -1, 'months'), 7)

**You can use either DateTimeToday() or DateTimeFirstOfMonth() since only extracting the first 7 characters of the date to get the Year-Mo. I oftentimes forget the syntax for Alteryx date time format, hence why I used the Left() function. This is my typical approach to getting Year-Mo.

cgoad61
Meteoro

Thank you both!  Either option works although for this case I ended up using Qiu's.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@usmanbashir 
Thank you for letting me the function "DateTimeFirstOfMonth()😁

Rótulos