Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter between dates and dates to be dynamic

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Hi, I want to set a filter between two dates and the two dates to be dynamic.

So, essentially, 

Date 1 < data <  Date 2

Date 1 = start of the current month

Data = Target Completion Date (name of the column in my Excel where the data is located)

Date 2 = last day of the current month

I have the following filter formula but it doesn't recognize the "-1". 

I want to the filter to only show me the data between 01-March-2022 and 31-March-2022 (inclusive of the two end dates) and so I set the lower date constraint to March minus 1 for February. Obviously, Alteryx doesn't like my "-1" simple instructions. How would you modify?

ToDate([Target Completion Date]) <= ToDate(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"lastofmonth")) AND ToDate([Target Completion Date]) > ToDate(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"lastofmonth"-1))

15 REPLIES 15
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@RolandSchubert  my motto:

Ready.  FIRE!  Aim.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

@MarqueeCrew How does your full filter formula look like?

Sorry, I'm still trying to catch up to speed and digest the proposed solutions from the Alteryx giants @atcodedog05 @RolandSchubert 

For now, I have used the solution from @RolandSchubert and it works but wouldn't mind to understand the LEFT function and how it's integrated into your full formula. 

alteryxlim_0-1646239779965.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @alteryxlim 

It would be something like this

Current month:

left([Target Completion Date],6) == left(DateTimeToday(),6)

Previous month:

left([Target Completion Date],6) == left(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),1,"month"),6)

The idea is year and month will stay the same throughout the month which 2022-03 or 2022-02

Hope this helps : )

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@alteryxlim 

here is my full picture and workflow:

capture.png

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Thanks @atcodedog05 @MarqueeCrew 

I guess this only works if the Month and Year stay the same for the duration of the 30/31 days. To have something dynamic (i.e when it's April, May, June.....Nov, Dec) and when it switches to Year 2023, the solutions from @atcodedog05 and @RolandSchubert would accommodate for this dynamicity. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @alteryxlim 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels