Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter Based on All Unique Values From Two Rows

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Let's say I have 3 columns. A, B, and C. I would like to filter through the rows by a Group By of A and Group By of B. Then I would like to write out C from all the rows that exist in the groupings to a different excel sheet.

Example:

ABC
yellow

hi
yellow2

bye

yellow2dye
blue1die
blue1hi

This should output 3 different files. In the first file, it should be the grouping of yellow,1 so it should only result in one output: hi

The second file will be the grouping of yellow,2 and should output 2 values, bye and dye

The third file will be a grouping of blue,1 and should output die and hi.

I have tried a summarize, but I cannot get the values of the other fields. If anyone has any feedback it would be much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jonnyrask ,

Here is an example showing how to accomplish that.

I'm using the summarize to group exactly as you need and also using an output data funcionality to generate multiple tabs.

fmvizcaino_0-1593121510189.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

jonnyrask
8 - Asteroid

This is what I'm looking for. Another question: now that I have all of the data posted to a sheet, instead of writing it all to one row. How do I write it to many rows. I.E. in one sheet, the output was:

hi,bye

How do I get this:

hi

bye

I would think I would have to use a transpose tool maybe?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jonnyrask ,

You only need to remove the summarize tool from the workflow. 

The output data tool separates data from multiple rows into different sheets also.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels