Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Fill Rows

umairah
8 - Asteroid

So I got stuck at this process as I could not find suitable tool to fill in the row. I want to fill the empty column with year as the above empty column. Any idea ?

.fill row.png

Thank you for the help. I will attached the sample data.

4 REPLIES 4
bhrmitra
10 - Fireball

Hi

Using a multirow formula tool will help you.

1.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct and also hit the like button, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Thanks,

Abhra Mitra

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @umairah , try multirow formula tool with the config as shown in the image and it will work.

Formula- if isempty(year) then [Row-1:year] else year endif.

grazitti_sapna_0-1598609863242.png

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @umairah 

In case the other two replies didn't answer your problem, I'm assuming you want the years to be filled the same as the above starting with 2015. If that's the case, you can still use the Multi-Row Formula tool, but you'll need to add some an IF statement to it. 

Should look like this: IF IsEmpty([year]) AND [Row-1:year]=2019 THEN 2015 ELSEIF IsEmpty([year]) THEN [Row-1:year]+1 ELSE [year] ENDIF

Maskell_Rascal_0-1598621965230.png

I've attached an example workflow. 

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Thanks!

Phil

umairah
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Maskell_Rascal 

Sorry for the late response, your solution solve my issue and thank you for helping.

Labels