Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Extracting string data without a delimiter

thompo511
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to extract data from a sting without a delimiter using Regex. Could somebody please suggest an expression for creating the desired outcome in the attached document.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
FilipR
11 - Bolide

A double space could be used as a delimiter, but your dataset is not consistent here (sometimes one column starts after just one space). The missing value is one column is also a problem.

I wouldn't even attempt to write a solution for this with just one row as an example.

asmith314
8 - Asteroid

Are you actually processing this dataset from an XLSX file or from a csv? Could you potentially send the data set in it's original filetype format and the prototype output as a two separate files?

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @thompo511 ,

Find attached the way to do that with Regex tool in tokenize mode.

Let me know if there is any issue with this solution.

Emmanuel_G_0-1663339747081.png

thompo511
7 - Meteor

Hi Emmanuel,

This looks really good! Although one small thing that I hope you can help with.

I need Recon. account to be included in the field name column and not in the CoCd column. The CoCd column should be blank in this example. Please see the desired output attached for reference.

Thanks

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@thompo511 

Find attached the updated version.

Let me know if there is another issue.

Emmanuel_G_0-1663342804778.png

thompo511
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Please see the input and output attached.

Thanks

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@thompo511 Were you able to see the updated version of the alteryx feed?

thompo511
7 - Meteor

Hi,

This perfect! Is there any way that you can apply this workflow to the file attached?

Thanks,

Ben

thompo511
7 - Meteor

@Emmanuel_G Sorry I forgot to tag you in my response. Please let me know if you have any queries. Thanks!

Labels