Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract value in row + 1 and then replace null in preeceding column

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Question.

Reference START POINT and DESIRED OUTCOME below.

I used a Regex Tool to extract CAGE and the corresponding 5 digit code.

If Reg2 is not null I want to extract the Company Name from Row +1 and enter it into Reg 2; add Company to Reg 1.

START POINT...

DownloadDataReg1Reg2
yada yada yadanullnull
<td class="KeyCellCtLnk" title="TACO BELL" onclick="fnShowLookup('CAGE', this.innerHTML);" ontouchstart="ehST(this,event);" ontouchend="ehET(this);">45152</td>CAGE45152
<td class="KeyCellLt DesktopOnly">TACO BELL</td>NullNull
blah blah blahNullNull
blah blah blahNullNull

DESIRED OUTPUT....

DownloadDataReg1Reg2
yada yada yadaNullNull
<td class="KeyCellCtLnk" title="TACO BELL" onclick="fnShowLookup('CAGE', this.innerHTML);" ontouchstart="ehST(this,event);" ontouchend="ehET(this);">45152</td>CAGE45152
<td class="KeyCellLt DesktopOnly">TACO BELL</td>CompanyTACO BELL
blah blah blahNullNull

3 REPLIES 3
Kamran1991
11 - Bolide

It seems a little confusing. Please elaborate it in a better way and try to share a dummy data in excel.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hellyars ,

You can probably build these into the same Regex tool, but I think the first alters the structure of the second, so I built it in two for ease.

mceleavey_0-1644312091901.png

Reg2 - >(.*?)<

Reg1 - ['](.*?)[']

if isnull([Reg1]) and !isnull([Reg2]) then "Company" else [Reg1] endif

I hope this helps,

M

Bulien

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Why? That is the real data. 

Labels