Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Extract Particular Data From TXT File To Excel file

Uma_Shankar0201
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have to extract data from .txt file to excel file. I need to extract particular data from text file. I have attached both the input file as well as the required excel format. Could you please help me on this.

Thank You !

2 REPLIES 2
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Uma_Shankar0201, you should be able to bring in the .txt file as is inside Alteryx using a regular input tool, after which you can use a combination of text-to-column and sample tools to transform the data within Alteryx.

When brining in the .txt file, make sure to bring it is as csv format, and set the delimiter to \0. This ensure alteryx brings the raw data into the canvas as-is.

AbhilashR_1-1630620323163.png

Hope this helps.

Uma_Shankar0201
5 - Atom

Thank you Abhilash for helping me. But my main requirement is to fetch date, Yr/QTR and remaining in tabular format same as I attached with query.  May I have complete solution to get this format.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels