Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel output corrupt after successfully running workflow.

sbjelic
6 - Meteoroid

Hi - I have a template, that is formatted in the way I want my output file to look and everything is set up so that output is overridden on its sheets. However, after successfully running Alteryx Designer workflow and opening excel output template file I get the following message:

sbjelic_1-1680188865282.png

Is there a way to avoid getting my output excel file corrupted and what I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
apathetichell
19 - Altair

This can happen for a number of reasons:

1) most common - there is something wrong with one of the filename/sheetpaths you are writing to. Is it a special character? is it something in the formation? I can't tell without looking at what you are sending in.

2) You are using output data to create data on a file created by render. Render the sheet you want first (even if only the first line) and then use output data.

3) you are trying to overwrite a formula. Dont' do it. Write around the formula.

Since you are using a template file - most likely you are having an issue with a sheet range combo being incorrectly formatted. take a look at what you are sending in. Do you need to wrap things in ` `? can you figure out the bad sheet name? try omitting a sheet or two to narrow it down.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels