Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Events Email Interface

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has come across this issue when setting up an event email to alert me and another email when there is a run with errors.

Obviously to accomplish that I was going to add two email addresses to the 'To' line, so I started typing and Alteryx will not allow me to type a semi-colon in the field AT ALL. 

I use a wireless keyboard so at first I thought maybe the batteries were dying or the key on the keyboard was broken/stuck, but as you can see here it works just fine --> ;;;;;;;;;;;;  ;  ;;; ;;;  ;;;; ;  ;  ;  I can write individual semi-colons so it isnt a stuck key.    

I can literally add ANY punctuation to the field except semi-colon.  I am beyond confused by this one.

So my question is two parts:

1.) WHY??? and

2.) HOW do I get around this?

🙂

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @DanielG ,

to specify two email addresses in the To box, you need to use a comma.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@mceleavey Thanks! 

I use semi-colons in the email tool so I had just figured it would be the same in there since they are both sending emails.

Wondering why one would work with semi-colons and the other would work with commas...

I assume it has something to do with how the emails are built behind the scenes, but if anyone knows for sure what happens I'd be interested to learn it.  🙂

Thanks again!

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Also, I just pulled up an old workflow that I set up an event for months ago and it has a semi-colon between the names.

So confused. 

Not sure what to do.

salbol1
8 - Asteroid

@DanielG 

Some have indicated the inability to place semicolons in the To box of an event was purposefully done. Just handle it as a copy/paste from a text editor, that is the easiest way around this one. I've found event based emails are normally a tighter distro, so this isn't normally problematic to handle this via that method.

Labels