Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error opening the file ;: The system cannot find the file specified.

sandesh_844
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everyone,

I have created a workflow which works as below,

1st) It gets the correct file name from SQL Table.

2nd) It gets the FTP link of FTP folder.

3rd) It combines FTP Folder Link+File name collected from 1st and 2nd steps, and creates a complete link to get data from FTP location

4th) It downloads the data from FTP location file using combined link from 3rd Step using Download tool.

5th) It stores the data in one .txt file i.e. FTP File Input.txt

6th) The same file from 5th Step has been used as an input in next input tool.

7th) Further the data from FTP File Input.txt is used to compare with another data pulled from another SQL DB input.

Now, this workflow is working perfectly with Alteryx Desktop, But when I publish it over Alteryx Gallery and try to run from there then I am getting error message as "Error opening the file ".\FTP File Input.txt": The system cannot find the file specified". 

I have already taken care of below while publishing workflow on Alteryx Gallery,

1.jpg

I tried  this also : Options -> Advanced Options -> Workflow Dependencies -> All UNC - > Ok

Please see below,  (This also did not work) 

2.jpg

Can anyone guide me here if I am doing something wrong or missing to do something ?

I have attached the .yxmd copy of my workflow here for reference.

Thanks in Advance..!!

3 REPLIES 3
tim-regas
7 - Meteor

@sandesh_844 which step of your process or which tool from the workflow you shared do you get the error in the gallery?

apathetichell
19 - Altair

All UNC is wrong here. You probably want all relative. All UNC would work ifthe same path is on the same machine. It won't be - that path is a specific temp directory on your local machine. TBH - the easiest way to troubleshoot tihs may be to download it back from server. load the .yxzp. Look at the paths creates on the server version. fix this locally (ie the paths marked ./externals/.. stay that way). Republish to server.

Garrett_Stoker
7 - Meteor

I don't have a ton of experience with some of the tools you're using, but is there anything giving Input Data (29) a full file path?

In my experience with the Gallery, we've had issues with writing to one of our file drives that is hosted on a cloud server. The server that our Gallery is hosted on needs to be logged into that cloud server in order to write to it, otherwise the workflow fails. UNC file paths and the Gallery server being logged in at all times was necessary to get it to work.

All that to say, if you're not providing a full path then it'll work differently when it's local and when it's hosted in the Gallery.

Labels