Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error opening "Select * From "Table Name": No Columns Returned

Terrell585
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I've inputted my data from my ODBC connection to Database 1. I'm trying to write that table into Database 2 using an output tool. After running the workflow, the table is created in Database 2 but only with the columns. The error in the subject line is returned. I've troubleshooted a few different ways but can't seem to find a fix.

4 REPLIES 4
apathetichell
19 - Altair

So there's like a 100 reason this could happen. What DB are you using? Can you share your ODBC config? Is this Redshift?

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Terrell585 
please share more details 
will be in better position to help.

Terrell585
5 - Atom

Hey all,

Appreciate your interest in helping! Please bear with me as I'm learning and if I don't send enough info that you may need 🙏

To my knowledge, this is not redshift.

Both Databases are SQL Server.

For my Output ODBC config, previously I had the box checked to "Connect to SQL Server to obtain default settings for the additional configuration options." I've tried unchecking this box with the following settings selected:

- Use ANSI quoted identifiers

- Use ANSI nulls, paddings and warnings.

I received the same error.

In the previous process that somebody was using before me, to upload to this database, they needed to manually download and upload a CSV to the database using the SQL Server import wizard.

As for the options selected in the left pane:

File Format = ODBC Database

Output Options = Create New Table

Append Field Map = By Field Name (this is the only option)

Table/FieldName SQL Style = Quoted

Transaction Size = 1000

To create this new table, I am moving ~49,517 records

apathetichell
19 - Altair

are you doing this in-db? are the two tables on the same database? you cannot connect cross database connection. It would need to go in memory - and then you'd use datastream in. with 49K records that should be fine.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels