Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Error in Record ID: Too many fields

DrewCroft
7 - Meteor

I am encountering a strange error when executing a workflow to extract/transpose data from Excel:

Error: Record ID (6): Internal Error in RecordReader::ReadFields: Too many fields

The same workflow works fine when targeting other worksheets with the same layout.  I can't discern why this error would be happening.  I attempted to use the Record ID tool with all four data types, none seem to work. 

Attached are screenshots, a sample workflow, and a sample source workbook.  Each tool container is a different configuration of the same workflow.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Alteryx Bug 001.pngAlteryx Bug 002.png

11 REPLIES 11
jdminton
12 - Quasar

I'm not familiar enough with cloud to know for sure, but it likely is as the tools are pretty basic tools. I prefer this method versus specific cells since you could eventually exceed the number of cells specified (granted that won't likely be for a while since it's 500+ rows higher than it is currently set).

In any event, I'm glad it works for you. 

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

Since Alteryx uses AMP engine for processing workflows, the option would be present in cloud as well, not sure though.

Labels