Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error in Dataverse Output tool: Unique identifier column not found

CrisRoman
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am trying to use the Dataverse Output tool to update some project records in a Dataverse table.

I only want to update one field if certain conditions are met. 

However, I keep getting this error message: Error: Dataverse Output: Unique identifier column not found.

I'd like to set my primary key to be [Project Request ID] but that option is greyed out for me. 

Does anyone know what could be causing this error and how to fix it? I appreciate any help or advice.

dataverse output error.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Never used Dataverse before - have you reached out to an Alteryx Engineer to help troubleshoot? Whenever I go with Connectors, I always speak with Alteryx Engineers on the matter because they are better positioned to help. 

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/

I have the same issue. How can I contact The Alteryx Engineers?

charlottemartindale
6 - Meteoroid

Any resolution for this?

markashman
9 - Comet

Also have this issue, tried passing column with same name as the unique ID column in Dataverse, but no joy.

markashman
9 - Comet

Okay, it basically seems like the tool wants to use the field defined as UUID inside dataverse, which normally has the same name as the Entity(Table) name. So if your input doesnt have a UUID you need to create one.

I am writing mongoDB ids, so they are 8 characters short of a standard 36 UUID, so I just used a combo for Regex to insert the dashes and then formula to bolt x8 '0' on the end since that would still be unique as my source ids are unique.

Hope this helps

charlottemartindale
6 - Meteoroid

Yeah I also found a solution for this - where you are using an upsert or delete you will need to pass in the UUID of the item already existing in the table. These can be really long & a combination of letter / numbers so best to use the Dataverse Input to find the lines and then Dataverse output to perform the action you require. 

Labels