Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Error Message The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable when run command

winniechoy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All,

I've used the run command tool to run the vbscript in scheduler.

Vbscript purpose is to run the Excel macro (for Salesforce).

It works when run manually but not in scheduler.

I created the log to log the error description, it shows "The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable".

We are using Alteryx Designer and Desktop Automation.

When I search online, below statement appeared in Microsoft page. May I know is it because of our server limitation or any another reason possible? Thank you. The CreateObject function requires a valid server. This error has the following cause and solution:

• A server parameter was specified, but the server could not be either reached or found.
2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This sounds like the classic issue of credentials. When you run it, you are the user and so your credentials are used. When Scheduler runs the process, the Alteryx Server Service credentials are used. I would check on those.

winniechoy
6 - Meteoroid

I'm using service account to run the scheduler, checked not using run as user for the scheduler.

There are the new error shown: The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable.

Tested another excel macro, it worked fine in scheduler.

The current macro have error in scheduler is using Application.COMAddINs to get the salesforce dataset, and login in using result of Application.COMAddINs .login.

Labels