Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

End of Custom Filter Not working

kohallo1
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I have an issue where I am trying to filter for certain account numbers in a dataset, and I was using this filter with an earlier version of the input file and now that I have had to change the input file I am running into issues, mainly being that the formulas seem to fail when I add the quotation mark to the end of the last account number in the list. If I leave it without the second quotation mark on the last account number in the list it will return an unmatched operator error for that character, but the rest of the filter works correctly. When the quotation mark is added the whole filter turns black. I've been stumped researching and trying to fix this since I did not have this issue with the filter until I changed the input data. 

Thank you for any help

3 REPLIES 3
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

[Account] is now likely coming across as a number - change it back to a string with a Select tool beforehand and you should be good to go

Bren_Spill
12 - Quasar

@kohallo1 - looks like the data type for account changed from string to numeric?

You should consider another approach for filtering here - try adding the accounts you want to filer on to a tex tinput tool, then join it to the main data stream on the Account field. Anything coming out of the J anchor will essentially be your filter

OTrieger
10 - Fireball

I believe that you have the resolution above, however next time there is an easier way to set the filter, will make your life easier for future:
You can set the following:
[Account] in ("a","b","g") for string or [Account] in (1,2,3) for numeric

Labels