Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macros - Multipole Batch Macros In Single Workflow

sslattery17
7 - Meteor

I have looked through many threads and knowledge based and I cannot find where it clarifies if a macro you create can be used multipole times in the same workflow without affecting the other one?

I have a large workflow to deal with different file schemas; need to do the same for the second set of files before I can v-lookup and merge the final out put together.  See picture below red circuit is where I need to insert the same batch macro.  Do I need to save it by a different name or what are the constraints if any??  

Just three weeks in to using and learning this product and don't want to mess up my work flow I have spent days creating.

Any guidance is appreciated

Screenshot 2024-08-22 115434.png

SS

2 REPLIES 2
shancmiralles
9 - Comet

hi! i have 2 batch macros in one of my WFs.. they are fine.. first one is to pull all sheets in all excel files im pulling.. and the 2nd macro is pulling all records in all of those worksheets (cant use dynamic because they have diff columns lol).. they're working fine.. 

just insert the macro in the WF is fine no matter how many times you use the same macro.. because it acts like a tool.. like it doesn't matter how many time you use a filter tool in a wf .. 

sslattery17
7 - Meteor

Thank you for that information.  Makes sense Alteryx uses it like a tool no matter how many times.  Appreciate the response.

Labels