Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Email with Dynamic (Daily Updating) Attachment

insomned
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I would need to send email containing the attachment that changes every day (the name and the content). How could I achieve this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You'd need some way to feed that path into your Alteryx workflow, and then you can use that field name in your Email tool!

Email with Dynamic (Daily Updating) Attachment.PNG

insomned
8 - Asteroid

Yes, but as I understand only direct paths (with file names already) are accepted here. I tried using wildcards and it doesn't help. 

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @insomned , you can use a file name in order to point the Email tool to the correct attachment. The file name can come from a field in your data, meaning it can be generated dynamically:

In this example, I automatically generate a filename containing todays date. This is then used in the 'Attachments' section of the email tool. Each time this workflow runs, it will send an email containing the file with todays date in the name.

image.png

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

That's correct - the file path needs to be there to know which ones to pull through. Are they available via maybe a Directory tool?

Labels