Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamically create sheets in excel and set a range on where the output is going to be put

amfu
5 - Atom

I'm trying to create a workflow which dynamically creates sheets in excel with data from FIELD NAME1 as the excel sheet names, and also would like to output FIELD NAME2 in the sheets based on their FIELD NAME1 data, starting from a specific row and column in excel. I have done successfully the part which dynamically outputs an excel file containing sheets named after FIELD NAME1 rows, but I don't know if I can also set a range in as to where it should start printing the FIELD NAME2 data.

Input:

FIELD NAME1

FIELD NAME2

AA

BB

CC

Output: If I set the range from C5:C7, the output should be:

On Sheet AA Column C Row 5: 1234

On Sheet BB Column C Row 5: 4321

On Sheet CC Column C Row 5: 2341

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@amfu 
What would be value for C6 and C7?

amfu
5 - Atom

There's one value on FIELD NAME2 for each FIELD NAME1 so there's only one value for now, but if there are more data (like this below), then values will also fill up until C7

FIELD NAME1

FIELD NAME2

AA

BB4321
CC2341
AA1342
AA1243

Output:

On Sheet AA Column C Row 5: 1234

On Sheet AA Column C Row 6: 1342

On Sheet AA Column C Row 7: 1243

On Sheet BB Column C Row 5: 4321

On Sheet CC Column C Row 5: 2341

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@amfu 

Thanks for the clarification.
We can create the full path then output the data with option "Preserve Formatting on Overwrite".

0304-amfu.png

amfu
5 - Atom

Thank you so much! I applied your solution and it worked!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@amfu 
Good to know it helps.

Labels