Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic workflow help

SahilArora3139
8 - Asteroid

I have 12 months sheet.

jan 2023 to dec 2023

i have to do comparison of all the current month with previous month (all records having data as per their month like march should have only march data feb should have feb - common field would be ID number)

example: compare:

feb to jan

march to feb

april to march etc

is there any way to have dynamic workflow instead of creating so  many workflows month wise?

• please help with an example workflow it would be great

7 REPLIES 7
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

You could use a multi row formula. Transpose the data into a list and sort it by the month. Then use Row+0 and Row-1 to compare the two. You can then Cross tab it back when you are done. 

SahilArora3139
8 - Asteroid

Can you show a small example? Please

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@SahilArora3139 here is an example.

Solution.png

SahilArora3139
8 - Asteroid

And what if we have diff columns in each sheet

like  in each sheet

id num.  name.  Assignment date.  Modification date

and we have to compare feb sheet with jan

that if jan sheet has 100 entries and feb has 110 entries then 10 unique entries will have the data only for feb. And so on.

we want to dynamic create a workflow for each month. Is it possible?

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@SahilArora3139 there is quite a bit that is possible within Alteryx and what the community can put together. I know we can consolidate data sources from multiple sheets with different schema, compare like for like entries across multiple sheets, and create comparative reports for each month.

However, it would be more productive if you shared a sample workbook that contained data you are working with. It is hard for the Community to pre-empt the nuanced requirements you have around your specific use case.

Navya08
8 - Asteroid

@rzdodson Makes sense.

SahilArora3139
8 - Asteroid

Sure. I understand. I will try creating a dummy sample to have a better understanding on this.

Labels