Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic list of column values for data filteration

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi Community,

I am creating an analytic app and want make a list of column values dynamically then further use those values for data filteration, how can i achieve it ? Can anyone help ?

Thanks in Advance !

2 REPLIES 2
DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Inactive User 

For the second part you can create a macro that reads in the field(s) you want to filter on, and updates a Dynamic Filter tool so it will process each column that is required:

DavidSkaife_0-1661876455401.pngDavidSkaife_1-1661876473857.pngDavidSkaife_2-1661876494697.png

For the first part are the column names going to change, be static, or be user selected?

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @DavidSkaife,

Thanks for the reply, the column name will dynamic each and every time, means user will select which column(and column values) they want to use for filter. Here i want no manual intervention.

Labels