Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic input tool stuck at 1%

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone , I have a workflow in which I am using 5-6 excel inputs for each  am using a formula tool to create the fullpath then after using a dynamic input to change the entire file path but after running the workflow , the workflow is stuck on 1% on dynamic input and not  progressing forward for hours, showing no error and remain in running state. If I run the workflow without the dynamic input tool then it runs properly without being stuck. What causing the the issue I am not able to understand can someone help??? Please help!!

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
15 - Aurora

@arsh011 
you can use a macro to do this effectively

Raj
15 - Aurora

@arsh011 
find the macro attached
this will work
mark done if solved.

griffinwelsh
11 - Bolide

Are you able to post the workflow so we can review? There is definitely a more efficient way to accomplish your task, but the simplest approach will depend on your data structure.

arsh011
8 - Asteroid

Actually the reason of using dynamic input is to insert the todays date folder in the full path where my input files are downloading… can i achieve this using macro ?? 

Raj
15 - Aurora

@arsh011 
yes you can
please try using the same macro just add a formula tool before second macro

Raj
15 - Aurora

@arsh011 is this solved?

Labels