Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Dynamic Summary tool POC Help

Jules22
6 - Meteoroid

I've defined some values using a formula tool on the "Days Pending(Prop)" column and output them into an "Aging Bucket" column. I've hardcoded five values, with others set to NA.

Untitled picture doubt.png

Later, I use a cross-tab tool to convert these values into columns and then apply a summary tool.

Untitled picture doubt1 .png

The issue is that the "Days Pending(Prop)" column doesn't always contain the five hardcoded values. I need the summary tool to be dynamic, adapting to the available data.

Is it possible to achieve this? Could you demonstrate a proof of concept?

4 REPLIES 4
OTrieger
12 - Quasar

@Jules22 
It is possible to make it dynamic however that would be a more complex solution. What you can do ensure that you always going to have all the 5 elements and if one is not reported then have zeros for that element.

OTrieger
12 - Quasar

If you want to do it fully dynamic, you can do it by changing the XML data for the Summarize tool, sending it into a Batch Macro and update the XML to the available fields. So yes, it is possible.

cpet13
11 - Bolide

Hi @Jules22. This may be a scenario for you to create a batch macro. Check out this article to find out more about batch macros and how they might help. Getting Started with Batch Macros (alteryx.com)

Jules22
6 - Meteoroid

Can you demonstrate a small poc?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels