Happy 8th birthday to the Maveryx Community! Take a walk down memory lane in our birthday blog, and don't miss out on the awesome birthday present that all Maveryx Community members get to take advantage of!
I seem to have been having a lot of issues with the Dynamic Input tool since updating Alteryx to 11.7.4. Workflows that were running perfectly fine on previous versions are now giving me multiple unhandled exception error screen in a row when the workflow hits the Dynamic Input tool (it's the last tool on the bottom of the "Results - Workflow - Messages" window), then the workflow will not stop even after I click the little stop button, and finally I will have to use Task Manager to close that instance of Alteryx.
So in an effort to work around this bug, I removed the dynamic input tool and just used a standard input tool instead. I noticed that the log file at the bottom still appears to be running dynamic input tool even though I deleted it.
Dynamic Input Issue
This only appears to be one of the issues however, because the dynamic input should not be having this issue in the first place.
Input Data tools both are querying a DB2 SQL database
Input Data (1) contains a SQL subquery
Both queries run perfectly fine using other SQL tools outside of Alteryx
I recommend contacting Alteryx Customer Support at email@example.com regarding this particular error. Attach a copy of your workflow (they obviously won't be able to get to run successfully since it is hitting your DB with encrypted credentials) as well the error logs referred to in that message. Those log files are usually found in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Engine\Logs and C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\ErrorLogs\AlteryxEngine.