Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input Tool slow

Constantinosch
7 - Meteor

I have a routine that uses Dynamic input to modify an SQL query (Replace Specific String) and bring the data from an instance we have at the office however it seems to be very slow.

I am trying to figure out whether or not it makes sense that the dynamic tool is so slow. It takes about 3 minutes to bring in 1.2k records with 32 fields and the dynamic tool takes about 98% of the total routine run time both on Designer and Gallery. 

We rebuilt the instance indexes to make sure it wasn't the query that was delaying it, and also run the query from the MSSMS installed on Gallery to check for network related issues. Neither appear to be the case !

I realise that i am nitpicking here however the records will eventually grow exponentially and this routine is part of an automation platform we are building. The question here basically is that is this a normal behaviour for the tool? Any other troubleshooting steps i can try ? 

Thank you for your time and looking forward for your suggestions !

2 REPLIES 2
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Constantinosch, if you copy that query and insert on a Data Input tool, do you see the same time to be processed as the Dynamic Input? If so, I'd say that the issue is the connection between Alteryx and your database server. 

Constantinosch
7 - Meteor

Hello! 

Thanks for the reply, after checking with the Data input it was also running slow so we went back to the database. And you were right ! It seems our supplier didn't create any indexes! 

Thank you very much for your reply

Labels