Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input IN-DB

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone, looking for some help. 

I want to dynamic update my SQL Where Clause. However, there is a limitation on the qty of records you can have in the Where clause (around 16k). I have a list with more than 100k records,

I am looking for a solution where I can break this in batches of 15k and dynamic send them to the Dynamic Input IN-DB for the update of the where clause. I am not sure how can I make the Dynamic Input IN-DB run in batches. 

Thank you so much,

Gabriel 

15 REPLIES 15
Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@gcosta - make sure your macro is set to a Batch Macro.  The default is Standard.

Robin_McIntosh_0-1678910543771.png

And make sure your mapping the correct fields to your input.

Robin_McIntosh_1-1678910609273.png

Robin_McIntosh_3-1678910800821.png

Robin_McIntosh_4-1678910833751.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

What database are you using - I run an IN statement (effectively a Where clause) with close to a million options on Redshift. 

short is - I'd look into using an IN clause vs a Where clause if you are looking at values in the same field. If you want me to walk you through this - feel free to DM me.

gcosta
7 - Meteor

Yes!!!! It worked!

Thank you so much @Robin_McIntosh . Such a nice workflow. It opens up so many solutions. Love it. I appreciate it your help!! 

Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

@gcosta - Happy to help and glad it worked out for you.

apekshitdhoke
6 - Meteoroid

@Robin_McIntosh  - In the formula tool, please advise you just defined the path where "In-DB Connection" file is saved on your system? How did you save the In-DB Connection file to your system. I understood the rest but not able to figure out this part.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@apekshitdhokeyou must configure an in-db connection under advanced options/manage in-db.

Labels